Thank you for visiting our support page!
We really appreciate you checking out this page, and considering helping out. Here are quick links to help you navigate the different methods of supporting the show:
- Buy IU tickets
- Shop for Assembly Call gear
- Use our affiliate links when you shop online
- Order our book!
Now for a quick bit of background …
The Assembly Call was founded before the 2011-12 season. So much has happened in the time since.
Most importantly: The Hoosiers have won two Big Ten titles and made three Sweet 16s, and now Archie Miller is here to take us to the next level.
- We’ve seen our audience grow into the thousands, with representation across the globe
- We’ve launched a successful student internship program with the IU Media School
- We’ve hosted IU legends like A.J. Guyton, Jordan Hulls, and Kirk Haston on the show
- 1450 The Sports Buzz in Jeffersonville began simulcasting our show on their airwaves
- CBS Sports 1430 in Indianapolis asked us to produce a weekly radio show about IU basketball
- We’ve published a book about the 2015-16 season
- We are now credentialed media at Indiana home games (beginning in the 2016-17 season)
And none of this would be possible without the support of our loyal, generous audience.
We love hosting the show and building this website into a burgeoning online museum of Indiana basketball history. And your financial support is what empowers us do it.
All revenue that we generate helps us:
- Cover the recurring costs of operating our website, email newsletter, live broadcasts, and podcast
- Pay our interns for their hard work and dedication
- Provide support for our interns’ special projects (Josh’s Ball Isn’t Life podcast and Michael’s The Hoosier Life podcast)
- Cover the costs of our annual trip to Bloomington for a game and meetup
- Invest in better equipment, resources, and training so we can deliver a better show
- Market our show to reach more IU fans and grow the Assembly Call community
- Pursue special projects like our book about the 2015-16 season
- Add fun little extras like prizes for Assembly Call Bingo
And then with whatever is left over we try to buy our wives and daughters something nice to thank them for putting up with our Indiana basketball labor of love. 😉
Here are the best ways you can support our efforts — we appreciate you even considering it.
By popular demand, we began accepting donations during 2015-16 season. We use PayPal to accept online donations.
Note: When you click the “Donate” button, you will be taken to PayPal.com, where you can enter the amount you want to donate. You can then submit your donation via your PayPal account, or with a credit card. The most common one-time contributions we’ve gotten have been $10, $25, $50, $100, $250, and $300
How to send a check
However, several people have simply mailed checks. If you’d prefer to make your donations this way, make them payable to Jerod Morris and mail them here:
14902 Preston Rd
#404 – 213
Dallas, TX 75254
2. Buy tickets to IU sporting events
We are proud to have SeatGeek as a sponsor for episodes of The Assembly Call. You can use the promo code ASSEMBLY to get a $20 rebate on your first ticket purchase.
We also get a commission when you click these links and buy tickets:
3. Buy official Assembly Call gear
One of the biggest expenses we’ve incurred to date was the design of our logo — but it was absolutely money well spent. We love what it’s done for branding and identity, and it’s been so rewarding seeing so many people buying gear with the logo on it.
The most popular item is the limestone coaster:
Limestone Coaster with Assembly Call logo
Price: $12.95 each
(25% goes directly to support the show)
This coaster is made out of limestone and emblazoned with the official Assembly Call logo. It’s a high quality product, the print looks great, and it was the gift all Assembly Call team members received for Christmas 2015. And 25% of every sale goes directly to support the show.
4. Use our affiliate links when you shop online
One way we generate revenue is through affiliate links.
The way these links work is that when you click them and make a purchase, we get a commission from the merchant.
Below is a list of our affiliate links. This way, you can bookmark any of them you might use in the future and then shop whenever it’s convenient for you.
Here are the links:
- Official IU online store: iustore.shop (Try promo codes 30SHIP and 40SHIP for free shipping)
- Fanatics.com: assemblycall.com/fanatics (Try promo codes 30SHIP and 40SHIP for free shipping)
- NBA Store: assemblycall.com/nbastore/
- IU basketball tickets on SeatGeek: iubbtickets.shop
- IU football tickets on SeatGeek: iufbtickets.shop
- Amazon: assemblycall.com/amazon
- Blue Apron: blueapronfree.com
- Mizzen and Main: bestdressshirts.shop
So now, if you bookmark any or all of these links and then remember to use them in the future (please do!), we’ll get a commission when you buy stuff that you were going to buy anyway … which helps support the show. We appreciate it!
5. Order our book!
We commemorated the remarkable 2015-16 run to the Big Ten Championship by turning our postgame emails into the definitive anthology of that memorable season.
Our book — Better Than Advertised: The Story of the 2015-16 Indiana Hoosiers — is available in paperback on any website where books are sold. You can also order the ebook right here on our site.