On May 5th, Jerod had the opportunity to chat with Devonte Green, one of the few players who straddled the Tom Crean and Archie Miller Eras.
We cover a wide variety of topics about his career at IU, including:
• The recent health diagnosis that ended his first professional season prematurely (and how it will impact his career moving forward)
• His memories of the Florida State game and the feeling in the locker room when that season was cut short by COVID
• Reflections on the Iowa game and how he views the way he fit in Archie Miller’s offense
• What it’s like to be scorching hot on the basketball court.
• His very strong opinions about the packline defense.
• His role in the two Michigan State wins his junior year, and the impact of his suspension prior to the first Michigan State win (and how that drove him moving forward)
• His relationship with Archie Miller and how it evolved over time.
• Archie Miller’s surprising reaction to Devonte’s famous shoe-in-hand steal … and does he steal have the shoe??
• How he reacted to Tom Crean chewing him out after throwing an alley-oop to Freddie McSwain as a freshman
And so much more, including a hilarious story end to end the interview about an interaction he had with Archie … and why his ex-coach still owes him a million dollars. It’s a wide-ranging, fun conversation. Enjoy!
Here is the article by Eddie Koton that I mentioned: Devonte Green: More than just a cheat code
Listen to the podcast here:
Or watch the video: