This week on Assembly Call Radio, we discuss the recent impact of De’Ron Davis, highlight some keys to beating Minnesota, and try to fix Indiana’s issues with poor starts and lackluster home crowds. And much more.
On the mics: Jerod, Andy, and Coach Tonsoni (and then #ChatMobber Megan for the post-show festivities!)
• [00:28] In Segment One, Jerod uses his Banner Moment to highlight De’Ron Davis’ remarkable run of assists over the last three games. Then the guys dive into Indiana’s keys for beating Minnesota on Saturday.
• [16:49] In Segment Two, the guys discuss Indiana’s poor starts to first halves and, since the calendar turned, to second halves as well. What can be done to fix this? We offer our ideas, and Coach shares some insight from his experience dealing with it on his own teams.
• [31:17] In Segment Three, we address the most common question from this week: what, if anything, can be done to address the lackluster atmospheres Indiana has had at home this season? It’s a complicated question with a multi-layered solution. We share some of our thoughts.
• [45:51] In Segment Four, we answer your questions: Who is our IU valentine? And why does it seem like Archie is getting outcoached so often during Big Ten play?
And then hang around after the final segment for a special AC After Dark guest appearance by Megan, who recounts her experience with Comfort Option … which eventually leads to some feisty Coach remarks that will almost assuredly come back to haunt him as sound drops in future episodes.
All of that and more on this week’s edition of Assembly Call Radio.
Listen to the edited podcast here (rundown with time stamps below):
And here is the unedited video of the live broadcast of this week’s episode:
Want a better night’s sleep?
Then it may be time for a new mattress … in which case our friends (and sponsors) at Comfort Option have you covered.
Comfort Option is an Indiana-based mattress manufacturer that is backed by over 65 years of experience. And they are family-owned and operated by 3rd generation graduates of IU.
For residents of Indianapolis (and the surrounding areas — including Bloomington), Comfort Option offers the only mattress that is customized and manufactured just for you, literally right at your home. In other words, they don’t sell what they have, they make what you need. And you never have to leave your house.
Even if you’re not in the area, you can still order Alpha by Comfort Option — a designer-quality, durable, transparently-made, and exceptionally comfortable mattress. It ships direct from their factory to your doorstep nationwide.
Use the promo code ASSEMBLY for any mattress purchase and you will receive $50 off your purchase.
To learn more, visit comfortoption.com.
Subscribe for free to The Assembly Call
- You can listen to Assembly Call Radio live on CBS Sports 1430 in Indianapolis at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday evenings, and on Saturday mornings beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- You can also listen on Friday mornings at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on The Big X — WXVW (1450 AM and 96.1 FM) — in the Jeffersonville area.