This week on Assembly Call Radio, we react to Archie’s media availability (and the continued bad injury news), address some of the ridiculous fan responses to Indiana’s concussion issues, assess Indiana’s current bracketology status, and then dissect the issue of a consistent third scoring option. And more.
On the mics: Jerod, Andy, and Ryan.
• [00:30] In Segment One, Jerod takes the Wooden Award to task for leaving Juwan off their midseason list, Andy and Ryan provide their opening takes, and then we react to Archie’s media availability — which included some bad injury news but also some interesting comments about Clifton, Justin, Devonte, and Al.
• [19:10] In Segment Two, Ryan kicks things off by rehashing the discussion about concussions in between segments. Then Andy comes in with an update on how Indiana’s NCAA Tournament resume is shaping up and should stay that way, assuming Indiana can simply win more than it loses moving forward.
• [31:05] In Segment Three, we answer two important questions. One, does Indiana need a consistent third scoring option to emerge? And two, who is most likely to be the guy who fulfills that role?
• [44:05] And in our final segment, we answer your questions. One is specifically for Ryan … and his answer will anger you. Then we answer questions about IU’s poor transition offense and offer NBA player comps for Romeo and Juwan.
All of that and more on this week’s edition of Assembly Call Radio.
On the mics this week:
Listen to the edited podcast here (rundown with time stamps below):
And here is the unedited video of the live broadcast of this week’s episode:
Want a better night’s sleep?
Then it may be time for a new mattress … in which case our friends (and sponsors) at Comfort Option have you covered.
Comfort Option is an Indiana-based mattress manufacturer that is backed by over 65 years of experience. And they are family-owned and operated by 3rd generation graduates of IU.
For residents of Indianapolis (and the surrounding areas — including Bloomington), Comfort Option offers the only mattress that is customized and manufactured just for you, literally right at your home. In other words, they don’t sell what they have, they make what you need. And you never have to leave your house.
Even if you’re not in the area, you can still order Alpha by Comfort Option — a designer-quality, durable, transparently-made, and exceptionally comfortable mattress. It ships direct from their factory to your doorstep nationwide.
Use the promo code ASSEMBLY for any mattress purchase and you will receive $50 off your purchase.
To learn more, visit comfortoption.com.
Subscribe for free to The Assembly Call
- You can listen to Assembly Call Radio live on CBS Sports 1430 in Indianapolis at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday evenings, and on Saturday mornings beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- You can also listen on Friday mornings at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on The Big X — WXVW (1450 AM and 96.1 FM) — in the Jeffersonville area.