This week on Assembly Call Radio, we discuss the most important stories from the past week in Indiana basketball.
On the mics: Jerod, Andy, and Ryan.
• [00:27] In Segment One, we deliver our opening thoughts, provide the details of the content we’re running with Comfort Option for Pacers-Hornets tickets, and then take a look around the Big Ten with each team’s first two games in then books.
• [15:29] In Segment Two, we analyze Clifton Moore’s performance at Penn State and whether it suggests he deserves more playing time moving forward. There were certainly some good plays, but a closer look at the tape also revealed some deficiencies that may explain why Archie has been reluctant to play him more.
• [29:47] In Segment Three, we discuss how you get players like Clifton, Jake, and Damezi time on the court to develop when you’re trying to play and win close games against good opponents. And then we discuss how you handle some of your top players — like Devonte Green and Justin Smith — struggling with correctible errors like turnovers. How much leeway do you give them to work through their struggles?
• [43:46] And in our final segment, we answer your questions. What is the former Hoosier who is closest player comp for Ryan (as a player)? What is Zach McRoberts’ role moving forward? And should you design your offense to prioritize your star player or for everyone to be able to find shots?
All of that and more on this week’s edition of Assembly Call Radio.
On the mics this week:
Listen to the edited podcast here (rundown with time stamps below):
And here is the unedited video of the live broadcast of this week’s episode:
Want a better night’s sleep?
Then it may be time for a new mattress … in which case our friends (and sponsors) at Comfort Option have you covered.
Comfort Option is an Indiana-based mattress manufacturer that is backed by over 65 years of experience. And they are family-owned and operated by 3rd generation graduates of IU.
For residents of Indianapolis (and the surrounding areas — including Bloomington), Comfort Option offers the only mattress that is customized and manufactured just for you, literally right at your home. In other words, they don’t sell what they have, they make what you need. And you never have to leave your house.
Even if you’re not in the area, you can still order Alpha by Comfort Option — a designer-quality, durable, transparently-made, and exceptionally comfortable mattress. It ships direct from their factory to your doorstep nationwide.
Use the promo code ASSEMBLY for any mattress purchase and you will receive $50 off your purchase.
To learn more, visit comfortoption.com.
And right now, we’re running a special contest …
Comfort Option’s parent company FoamCraft has season tickets to Pacers games. And the seats are incredible. They are giving us four tickets to the upcoming Pacers-Hornets game on Sunday, January 20th to use for a contest.
So if you want to see Victor and Cody play, all you have to do is order a mattress from Comfort Option between now and Friday, December 14th and use the promo code ASSEMBLY when you check out — either online if you’re ordering the Alpha, or in-person with the rep who brings the mattress store to your door.
Not only will you get $50 off your purchase, but you’ll be entered into the drawing for the tickets. On December 15th, we’ll pick two winners — each of whom will get two tickets, and then we’ll send them to you immediately so you can use them as Christmas gifts.
So again: go to comfortoption.com, order your Alpha mattress or schedule your in-home mattress store service, and then use the promo code ASSEMBLY to get $50 off your purchase and be entered into the drawing for the Pacers-Hornets tickets.
Subscribe for free to The Assembly Call
- You can listen to Assembly Call Radio live on CBS Sports 1430 in Indianapolis at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday evenings, and on Saturday mornings beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- You can also listen on Friday mornings at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on The Big X — WXVW (1450 AM and 96.1 FM) — in the Jeffersonville area.