On this week’s edition of Assembly Call Radio, we are joined by Chronic Hoosier to discuss a variety of topics, including:
• Who we project to be the 9th and 10th men in Indiana’s rotation
• Whether the offense or defense will be the bigger strength of this team
• What the verdict in the corruption trial means (and our thoughts on IU’s name being mentioned)
• Plus our favorite IU basketball memories … and so much more.
On the mics this week: Jerod, Andy, and Chronic Hoosier
Listen to the edited podcast here (rundown with time stamps below):
Remember: use the URL http://iutickets.shop when you need to buy IU basketball or football tickets.
That URL will take you to SeatGeek, where you will find the ticket prices arranged by value (it’s a really helpful setup), and all purchases are fully guaranteed.
Plus, it’s our affiliate link, so when you use it and buy tickets we get a commission — making it a great way to support the show.
Also: use the promo code ASSEMBLY for $20 back after your first purchase. Again, the URL: http://iutickets.shop.
And here is the unedited video of the live broadcast of this week’s episode:
This week’s rundown
In Segment One [2:19], Jerod discusses the importance of Romeo winning the gold jersey in his Banner Moment, Andy and Chronic give their opening thoughts, and we have fun figuring out how Archie should manage the wealth of talent he will have on the bench this season. (NO PLATOONS.)
In Segment Two [18:36], we respond to a listener who wants to know whether the offense or the defense will be more efficient this year. There are arguments to be made on both sides.
In Segment Three [26:21], we dive into the weeds a bit on the college basketball corruption trial, discussing what the verdict means and why it came back guilty. Then we also address Indiana and Tom Ostrom’s names popping up in the sidebar conversation.
Here is a link to the Rob Dauster podcast we mention: https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/10/25/cbt-podcast-attorney-coaches-rep-jason-belzer-on-the-details-of-wednesdays-guilty-verdict/
In Segment Four [44:25], it’s Q&A time.
• What are our favorite IU basketball memories?
• What will be the first event of the season that will cause overreactions from IU fans?
• What will be more valuable to IU this season: Romeo or the improved depth?
• What will improve more — the free throw shooting or 3-point shooting?
All of that and more on this week’s edition of Assembly Call Radio.
Subscribe for free to The Assembly Call
- You can listen to Assembly Call Radio live on CBS Sports 1430 in Indianapolis at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday evenings, and on Saturday mornings beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- You can also listen on Friday mornings at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on The Big X — WXVW (1450 AM and 96.1 FM) — in the Jeffersonville area.